Oi, so I read some things, and now I feel like ranting… ready:
• I’ve read/heard about how people must be destructive, the world will never change, or why are so many people around the world or even the US complaining, or just one too many people naively spewing about the USA’s oh so glorious, all inclusive, peoples voted, representative democracy. (Both people In the US and out.)
Uhg, okay… first:
• Americas voting system is a farce. That’s right, total BS at the highest caliber. The people in general do not vote presidents into office. They are voted in by the Electoral College, who are usually swayed to self-interest.
As for mayors, governors, and other such officials, like with the president, we are given popular choices. (These are usually people chosen to run by those already in office and those who have their corrupt hands in the government. Generally for the personal gain of the corrupt, not the people.) This is why individuals and independents fail so fast and in epic proportions.
SO: The politicians chosen are deemed in the best interest of the few before the people even get to vote. The people have no choice on who is in the spotlight.
The candidates they choose are advertised all over the media (be it nationally or locally) and in your face to “tell” people that they are your choices and they are “the only people you can count on”. They argue all over the media about things that shouldn’t even be their concern and/or things that they have no intention of following through on. Notice, they are always shown as opposites, but the main agendas are generally the same. It’s basically done that way so that you can think you have a voice, when you really don’t have much say at all. (Hell, Bush lost popular vote 2nd time and it was fixed so he came back.)
Thus, It is rare when voter consensus actually wins out, and nearly impossible to have someone who wasn’t corruptly backed put into office. Nowadays, the point of voting is to keep people ignorantly believing they have a voice. Not to let them choose a shining star to show them the way to democracy. Instead, people attempt to choose the lesser evil of the pre-chosen(by corruption) candidates in hopes that they wont mess up your lives as bad as anyone else. When in the end, the basic agendas are the same. Yay for choice?
• Which brings us to point two, the USA isn’t a real democracy. It’s a self titled Federal Republic.(Heading towards fascism IMO) Which is supposed to mean separation of federal and state Govt. Very rarely is something voted in by popular consensus of the people.(if at all) It’s usually by the few who put themselves in charge with paper money(or rather #s on a screen), and their puppet politicians with their fake smiles and BS compassion.
The few OWN the Federal level of Government through the puppet politicians and have blurred the lines to the states level to centralize power and make it easy to rule. They preach democracy through a messed up educational system and corporate media to keep people stupid and make them believe they are free.
• • All of this corrupt control, and the manipulation, the lies and half truths, the televised mind/behavioral coercion, the poor education, perpetuating ignorance and hatred, manufactured wars, manufactured illnesses, taxes implemented in deceit and used for garbage, our planet… poisoned & polluted: water/air/food, public experimentation, starvation,(Yes it happens in USA too, and the system helps cause it around the world.) homelessness, poverty…. need I go on? (Somehow, I think just getting a job isn’t going to fix everything wrong.)
Trying to just “fix” this or any other corrupt system is like putting a bandage on a dead horse and expecting it to gallop away. Even if you manage to implement a fix for such a system, I guarantee the people put in power will just reverse it. Don’t turn a blind eye to all of the fallacies thrust upon people in the name of comfort.
People don’t need to hate each other, it just works for corrupt governments to keep on top, so they attempt to perpetuate it. People don’t need to be destructive, that’s also perpetuated in some people through manipulation or collusion.No one really knows the full scope of the damage. Many try to fix it. Everyone below the top hurts from it.
Then people try to pretend it doesn’t have an impact on them or they don’t care… Don’t be heartless, be connected. Just give a damn…
• Anyways, these are many of the reasons people are so angry. They are many of the reasons I get angry.
WAKE UP PEOPLE… and really live. I think the whole world could use a rescue… by humanity… for humanity.